Having a beautiful lawn does not mean that you only have beautiful and healthy plants, trees and flowers. You also need to make sure that your lawn turf is also healthy and attractive as well. And this is where all the other essential lawn care and tasks come in: regular mowing, watering, fertilising, mulching, and getting rid of or controlling the growth of all those unwanted weeds.
All these tasks can be quite difficult and time-consuming, especially if you have a very wide-spaced lawn. You will be spending a lot of time on mowing, watering, and fertilising your yard. You might find yourself already tired from doing such chores and unable to proceed with the other tasks that come with taking care of and maintaining your bushes, flowerbeds and other plants.
Worry not because there is a type of grass that is quite low maintenance. You don’t have to spend a lot of time, effort, and even money in maintaining this particular kind of grass. If you’re wondering what variety of grass this is, it’s called artificial grass.
The advantages and disadvantages of having artificial grass on your lawn
Before you immediately invest in it, you need to know the pros and cons of installing artificial grass at home. Below are some of the noteworthy and significant advantages and disadvantages of having an artificial lawn turf:
* Artificial grass is just like natural grass but they are stronger, more durable and long-lasting.
* You don’t have to regularly water synthetic grass. You only need to use water to clean them.
* Since they don’t grow, you don’t have to mow your lawn anymore.
* You also don’t need to spread fertilisers and mulches on an artificial grass turf.
* Synthetic grass can withstand any weather condition.
* They can handle excess foot traffic better than natural grass
* It is safe for both children and pets.
* Artificial grass can easily and quickly absorb heat. As such, the artificial lawn turf can become too hot to walk or play on, especially for young kids and pets.
* Though they don’t need to be cleaned or maintained on a daily basis, artificial grasses have to be kept tidy and neat. Otherwise, you will risk having bacteria growing and spreading on your artificial turf.
* The process of installing it includes destroying any living organism on your lawn’s subsoil. In case you want to grow anything on a spot that currently or previously had fake grass, you will have to wait for many years.
It is important that you know the benefits and disadvantages of getting artificial lawn turf before you invest in them. If you decide to install artificial grass, consider artificial grass Gold Coast suppliers for quality artificial turf. All you need is to do proper research to know which company provides quality turf. Once you find one, you can go ahead and buy from them.